Domestic Health Certificates
When traveling with a pet within the United States (all 50) and Puerto Rico, you are only required to obtain an interstate (domestic) health certificate for your pet. Health certificates are only good for 30 days (and in many cases shorter), so plan accordingly!
Talk to your airline! Important questions to ask are:
- What is the cost of travel?
- Will your pet travel in the plane with your or down below in the luggage area?
- How long they will honor your pet’s health certificate?
- Although the health certificate says it is valid for 30 days, some airlines only honor the certificate for 3 days.
- Will your pet be prohibited from traveling during certain months out of the year and certain times of the day?
- This is due to concerns of temperature and heatstroke.
- Does the airline has restrictions on the type and size of carrier that can be used?
Feel free to call us if you have any questions regarding your pets upcoming travel and any needs for the comfort of their journey.