Doc·Side Veterinary Medical Center knows how scary pet emergencies can be, and we aim to educate on what situation warrants a visit for emergency pet care.
In the event of a pet emergency, please call us immediately at (410) 522-0055 and let us know your current situation. We will be able to advise you on next steps and those extra minutes will allow us to be ready for your pet's arrival if necessary.
Doc·Side “On Call” Doctor Can Be Reached at 443-610-5772 until 11:00pm every night
In the event that your pet's emergency is after our hospital's open hours, we recommend the following emergency clinics:
When to Bring in Your Pet for Urgent Care
We recommend that you call us immediately if your pet is experiencing any of the following:
- Choking or having difficulty breathing
- Hit by a car or suffered blunt-force trauma of any kind
- Ingested a foreign object such as a toy, sock, or string
- Ingested something poisonous
- Profuse bleeding
- Inability to move or stand
- Unusually warm or cold
- Having a seizure
- Loss of consciousness
- Excessive vomiting and/or severe diarrhea
- Blood in stool
- Unable to pass stool or urinate
When in doubt about your pet’s condition, call us—our team will be more than happy to answer your questions, provide assistance, or set up a room so we can see your pet as soon as possible.