Exotic pet Care
While dogs and cat make up the most common pets, Doc·Side Veterinary Medical Center is also equipped to treat many exotic pet species in our hospital—birds, snakes, lizards, pocket pets, and turtles.
Owning an exotic pet is no small responsibility. They also need comprehensive care from a qualified veterinarian as their diet and nutrition, housing and care, as well as medical problems are all special and unique. We are proud to offer client education and exotic pet care services to ensure that they enjoy happy, healthy lives.
Services we provide to our exotic animal clients are:
- Wellness care, including physical exams, routine blood work, and recommend vaccinations.
- Dental care for small mammals
- Advanced imaging, including digital X-ray and ultrasound
- Species-specific laboratory testing in our in-house laboratory.
- Consultations for adoption, behavior, diet, and husbandry
- Emergency care (during regular business hours)
If you have any questions on the specific species we treat, or questions regarding your exotic pet, do not hesitate to call us.